I hope this email finds you well and will prove to answer some of the questions you might be having as we start the 2021 Winter athletic seasons.
#1 COVID-19 Notice from the Minnesota State High School League
– Post COVID-19 Graduated Return to Sport – must be used to clear a student-athlete to resume participation after a positive test.
#2 Mask/Face Covering Rule
– Student-Athletes – you NEED to advocate for yourselves!!!! If you need a break, take a break!
#3 Wright County Conference Website – schedules are located on this site.
– live streaming links for “home” events will be posted for each event on this site.
– we will also post the “away” event links when we receive them.
– we will also post these links on the Westonka Activities Website and Tweet them out.
#4 Attendance at events
– MSHSL Information shared at this afternoon’s meeting.
– we will be working over the next several days developing attendance plans for each location: MWHS Gyms, WAC, & Thaler Ice Arena.
– we have to work out details in regards to:
– are we going to create/distribute passes? which levels? -and/or-
– are we going to be using online ticketing (Ticket Spice)? -and/or-
– do we allot a certain number of tickets to each participant? Do we set aside tickets for students? -and-
– when do we open doors? What will be our sanitizing plan? Our exit plan?
– we will be sending “sport specific” information to all student-athletes, parents, and coaches once these plans are developed.
#5 Locker Room Use – Guidance is currently discouraging the use of locker rooms. We are working on a plan to be able to use them in a safe way.
– PLEASE be patient as we work through these issues! In the end, we ALL want the same thing! We want the student-athletes to be able to compete & we want spectators to be present to watch, and encourage, them as well!
Thanks for your time and GO WHITE HAWKS!